Monday, September 28

Memories Galore...

So today is a memory day. I've been listening to some older, random songs on my ipod for the past couple of hours. I think I have a memory for every song. Haha. It's amazing. I have thought of everything from Graduation Day in high school (I'm Not Gonna Cry-Corrie Smith) to beta convention my junior? year (With You-Avril Lavigne) to band bus rides (strangely enough.. This I Promise You-NSync) to dances after football games (I'll Be-Edwin McCain). Soo many things wrapped up in so few lines. If someone had asked me about my high school graduation earlier today, I might've remembered a little, but nothing like when I heard our class's song. I find myself wondering where everyone is and how their day is going. It's odd to think that 3 years ago, we were all in the same classes with each other everyday.

On a fun note, I woke up yesterday to make chocolate chip muffins before some of our friends came over. My sister had all ready measured everything out for me, thankfully, because I was a little later getting up than I had planned. Well, unfortunately, I promptly poured the water in without even looking at how much it was. :) I noticed that something was wrong when it looked like soup.. didn't the recipe say to stir until SLIGHTLY moistened?? Um. Yeah. So I put in 1 1/2 cups instead of 1/2 cup of water that it called for. Finding a recipe to add to it was not too big of a deal, and it was a new experience for me.. I don't bake many breakfast things. Now I know how to make muffins!! Yay!! Haha.

I had my first test today in my Chinese classes. It was pretty rough. If I actually took time to study a lot, I would do fine, but I really enjoy what I do with my afternoons much more. Therefore, I may be dropping down a class soon. My team and I went to a nursing home last Thurs. instead of the countryside. It was an awesome experience, and some awesome time spent with friends and with my Father. A couple of other ladies and I went and did our own thing while we were there, visiting a couple of rooms and singing songs (in English). I'm working on learning a few in Chinese though! :) These are a couple of ladies that sang with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment