Saturday, September 19

Amazing Night

I had the absolute best time Thursday that I have had in an extremely long time. In terms of what I did, it wasn't so very different from other Thursdays. But in terms of what the Father revealed to me and the joy I felt, it was so awesome.

As much joy as the people have at seeing us at the nursing homes, orphanage, and countryside clinics, the weight of their oppression and how dismal the places are was really starting to get to me last week. I felt weighted for them. I was staying tired all of the time, and I was beginning to wonder why He would bring me here to go to these places when it seemed I could do little. I can't communicate, and I can't share the hope I have in Him to brighten up their days, simply because I don't know the language. So on the way to the countryside Thursday, I spent a lot of time in pr. I also spent some time resting. We arrived and the people were so thrilled to see us. One of the ladies even remembered my name! That alone made me feel as though I had a larger impact than I originally thought. While we were there, one of my co-workers also shared that my eyes were always so bright. I know that could not possibly be coming from me, because I had been feeling so down and tired, and I was sure that that was showing. So I knew at that moment that all of my pr's had been answered for His light to shine through me.

Then, on the way home, as I rested even more in Him, He showed me the stars. That may sound odd, but I really like staring at the stars. Part of that may come from growing up in the country and being able to look up and see a sky chock full of them. I can point out a few constellations, and when I looked up from my window in the van that night, I saw one of those. It gave me peace. :) Also, when we stopped to eat, we played a game of Killer. That sounds really bad, but it was fun, and it's a game that I've played with my band family before a long time ago. It was just that everything was working together so perfectly to show me just how much He loves me, and that I really am supposed to be here. Dad's so amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment